All Safety Products Inc to provide guidance for business and employers to improve health and safety during H1N1 influenza season
Editorial Contact: Craig Gunderson, All Safety Products Inc, Sales Manager
Direct Tel (877) 208-3109
All Safety Products Inc Distributor of Safety Products for Industry
SUBJECT: All Safety Products Inc to provide guidance for business and employers to improve health and safety during H1N1 influenza season
ATTN: EDITOR – FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE November, 2009
The following article is a short concise summary of the issues businesses and employers should urgently consider in October 2009 to improve health and safety during the H1N1season.
The bullet points are designed to simplify and highlight the most important health and safety issues for your immediate attention and quick action.
- Be Prepared if Schools Dismiss Students or Child Care Programs Close
- Allow sick workers to stay home without fear of losing their jobs
- Develop other flexible leave policies to allow workers to stay home to care for sick family members
- Share your influenza pandemic plan with employees and explain what human resources policies
- Sick employees at work should be asked to go home
- Employees should cover coughs and sneezes and N95 Face masks.
- Improve hand hygiene with handwashing facilities and soaps
- Clean surfaces and items that are more likely to have frequent hand contact
- Encourage employees to get vaccinated
- Prepare for increased numbers of employee absences
- Consider active screening of employees who report to work
- Consider alternative work environments for employees at higher risk
- Consider increasing social distancing in the workplace
- Consider canceling non-essential business travel
- Cross-train employees to cover essential functions
Final Note: Employers should be aware that the severity of 2009 H1N1 influenza could change rapidly The CDC has revised its recommendations to assist businesses and other employers of all sizes. To lower the impact of influenza in the workplace use the above 15 guidelines to:
- reduce transmission among staff
- protect people who are at increased risk of influenza related complications from getting infected with influenza
- maintain business operations
- minimize adverse effects on other entities in their supply chains.
Further information and guidelines can be obtained from:
2009 H1N1 Influenza Information
2009 H1N1 Influenza Resources for Businesses and Employers
Worker Safety and Health Guidance for a Pandemic
OSHA’s Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for an Influenza Pandemic
CDC/NIOSH Occupational Health Issues Associated with 2009 H1N1 Influenza Virushttp://www.cdc.gov/niosh/topics/h1n1flu/
To bulk order online or RFQ any of theN95 Respiratory masks, multiple user hand wash stations or towelette dispensers or hand sanitizing foam dispensers, please see detailed specifications, pricing and ordering information, www.allsafetyproducts.com. All hand wash sinks and hand sanitizing dispensers carry a one-year, 100% manufacturer's warranty for any manufacturer defects in the workmanship of the products.
About All Safety Products Inc
All Safety Products Inc distributes a full range of safety products and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for Industry & Government. Many of the Safety products are OSHA and FDA compliant or NSF certified (when appropriate) and include: clothing, footwear, hand protection, monitors, respiratory protection, eye wash stations, hand wash stations, hand sanitation products, personal ventilation equipment, eye protection, portable sinks, plant maintenance equipment, personal fall arrest systems, first aid, face & head protection, hearing protection, safety videos and training materials.
Qualified clients and customers can take advantage of GSA contract pricing and view GSA selected portable sinks at www.portahandwash.com/gsacontractinformation. There is a complete portable sink product line available at www.portahandwash.com.
For more information, contact All Safety Products.