OSHA has strict regulations for spill control and containment in the workplace. All Safety Products carries the products you need to control and contain a spill area. Follow the links below for all products necessary for carrying out the steps in these Recommendations for Spill Control:
- Develop a Contingency Plan – OSHA requires you keep enough spill control products on hand to clean the largest possible spill (storage lockers, safety cabinets, drum management systems, etc.)
- Identify the Spill – Chemical and Wastewater Classifiers aid in identifying unknown substances in a spill
- Contain the Spill – Use Socks or Spill Berms for spills on solid surfaces, Booms or Sweeps for spills on water and Platforms to contain drum spills
- Stop the Spill at its Source – Use spill control chemicals like Plugging Compound to temporarily stop spills
- Minimize the Risk – Acid and Base Neutralizers will stabilize the spill
- Pick Up the Spill – All Safety Products carries an assortment of Sorbents: Oil-Only, Universal and Chemical
Sorbents are used to absorb spilled a variety of liquids or materials. All Safety Products carries sorbents in a variety of sizes, packaging and absorbencies.
Spill Control Chemicals:
- Chemical Sorbents handle acids, bases, coolants and most other hazardous fluids.
- Gas Sorbents are used for clean up and recovery of oil and petroleum based liquids.
- Maintenance Sorbents, a wide range of products, are ideal for non-aggressive liquids and maintenance applications.
Spill Control, Spill Containment – All Safety Products Blog
- Avoiding Large Fines With Your Spill Control
Develop a Contingency Plan – OSHA requires facilities to keep enough spill control products on hand to contain and clean the largest spill possible. Identify the Spill – Chemical and Wastewater Classifiers aid in identifying unknown spills. Contain the Spill – Use Socks or Spill Berms to contain spills on solid surfaces; use Booms or … Continue reading »