Chemical Resistant Gloves
Where chemical hazards or immersion in liquids is a concern, chemical protective clothing, including chemical resistant gloves, are available in various compounds in supported or unsupported styles. All Safety Products distributes a complete range of chemical resistant gloves protection against the hazards of dangerous chemicals.
When choosing the right glove, it is essential to know the demands of the applications in which the gloves will be used. It is also important to understand what level of protection is required. Chemical resistant gloves provide protection against a wide range of chemicals. While they protect against specified chemicals, they also protect against other minor injuries from liquids because the gloves provide a continuous membrane that does not allow even non-hazardous liquids to penetrate the material. Many chemical resistant gloves can also be used for protection against abrasions, cuts, punctures and snags. Their applications vary depending on the material used.
Chemical Resistant Glove Materials:
- Natural Rubber Latex (NRL) – resists bases, acids, alcohols and diluted aqueous solutions of most types of chemicals. (In cases of latex sensitivity, nitrile, neoprene and PVC are good alternatives)
- Nitrile – offers good protection against bases, oils, many solvents and esters, grease and animal fats. They also provide excellent resistance to snags, abrasions, punctures and cuts.
- Neoprene – protects against a very broad range of oils, acids, caustics and solvents. Neoprene offers less resistance to snags, punctures and other cuts.
- Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) – provide protection against many acids, caustics, bases and alcohols. They offer generally good abrasion resistance but are susceptible to cuts.
Chemical Resistant Gloves – All Safety Products Blog
- Choosing the Right Work Gloves!
It is a tough decision when choosing the right work gloves for a specific task, to ensure that the hands and arms of workers are protected from hazards. Hopefully, the following information will point you in the right direction*. However, it should be noted that usually work gloves are not worn during the operation of … Continue reading »
- Pick The Best Gloves For Chemical Resistance Protection
Pick The Best Gloves For Chemical Resistance Protection Many factors affect the breakthrough times of glove materials* including, but not limited to: 1. Thickness of glove material 2. Concentration of the chemical worked with 3. Amount of chemical the glove comes in contact with 4. Length of time which the glove is exposed to the … Continue reading »
The post Pick The Best Gloves For Chemical Resistance Protection appeared first on All Safety Products Blog.