All Safety Products distributes a complete range of disposable gloves for improved hand protection and employee safety. In situations where employers are required to provide hand protection for their employees in accordance with OSHA, USDA and FDA regulations, there are many choices of disposable work gloves.
Benefits of Disposable Gloves:
Disposable gloves give your employees limited protection against liquids, oil and minor injuries while offering easy cleanup. They are ideal for food preparation since no micro-organisms are transferred as the glove is discarded. Medical exam gloves come into contact with bodily fluids; here these safety gloves protect both the individuals who use them as well as the patient.
Choosing the right hand protection product is essential to protect your employees’ hands. To help you choose the best hand protection, first ask yourself these questions:
- Consider your workplace environment: Do I need abrasion resistance?, Are there chemicals present?, Do I need protection from heat?, Do I need cut and/or puncture protection?
- Unit price of disposable gloves – buying in bulk reduces glove unit price and shipping costs per glove. To lower costs even further, consider ambidextrous gloves if that fits your application. I need abrasion resistance?
- Rate of glove replacement – Calculate the number of gloves required by an employee in a specific time period. Always change gloves if they get ripped, torn or contaminated. Keep an ample supply in stock also.
Disposable gloves come in a variety of materials:
- Natural Rubber Latex (NRL) – durable and flexible. Most latex gloves are ambidextrous. Choose from powdered or powder-free styles.
- Vinyl gloves – are designed to provide tactile sensitivity, yet offer adequate protection.
- Nitrile gloves – are noted for oil and chemical resistance with a very comfortable fit. These are a great alternative to latex because they are more cut and puncture resistant.
- Special note about latex gloves: Some employees may be allergic to natural latex. You should always have an alternative vinyl or nitrile glove available.
Disposable gloves come either Powdered (latex – vinyl – nitrile) – to eliminate tackiness and aid in donning or Powder Free (latex – nitrile) – clean rooms are an example of when a powder-free glove would be preferable.
Recently, in an effort to help control the spread of the Avian Flu and Swine Flu virus (H1N1), the US Center for Disease Control, in partnership with other federal agencies, issued recommendations for disposable gloves when examining patients as well as for airline crews.
All Safety Products carries disposable gloves in all sizes (Small, Medium, Large, XLarge, 2XLarge), various colors (white, blue, grey, pink, green), and in many thicknesses (4 mil, 6 mil and more).
Contact our customer service team if you would like help to determine just which disposable glove will be ideal for your workplace safety or to request a quote. All hand protection equipment carry a one-year 100% manufacturer’s warranty for any manufacturer defects in the workmanship of the products.
All Safety Products Hand Protection resource section has information on proper glove size, cuff styles, thumb styles and excerpts from OSHA Code of Regulations (CFR).