Eyewear is one of the most important areas of safety equipment because it protects one of the vital senses. There are 3 main eyewear safety products are Safety Glasses, Safety Goggles and Safety Faceshields. There are numerous eyewear safety accessories and lens cleaning products that are associated with eyewear safety equipments. In addition there are hard hats, and caps and other safety headgear that are often worn in tandem with safety eyewear. The OSHA and ANSI safety eyewear standards and regulations are very strict and specific for eye and face protection. Employers must ensure that employees use appropriate eye or face protection when exposed to hazards from flying particles, molten metal, liquid chemicals, chemical gases, acids, or harmful light radiation. Employees must use filter lenses and eyewear equipment of correct shade values especially when welding.
All Safety Products detailed information that can assist you in selecting the correct safety eyewear to ensure OSHA and ANSI compliance.
- Filter Lens: A safety lens that attenuates varying proportions of ultraviolet, visible, and infrared rays.
- Lens: The transparent part of a safety device through which the user sees.
- Polycarbonate lens: Durable lightweight material
- UV: Ultra violet. A harmful form of light. Safety eyewear must be used.
- Unitary lens: A single-piece lens that covers both eyes. It provides a wide, unobstructed viewing area.
- Universal Bridge: The nosepiece of a spectacle frame.
- Wraparound: The eyewear wraps around the eyes towards the temples to give 90-degree protection.
- ANSI Z87+
- ANSI Z87.12003
- ANSI Z136.1-2007
- ANSI Z87.1-1989
- 29 CFR 1910.133
- CSA Z94.3