Portable Restrooms / Sinks Event Planning Calculator
All Safety Products has provided a helpful portable restroom calculator and portable handwash sinks event planning calculator for the number of portable hand wash sinks, portable restrooms and toilets needed to help you in planning for your workplace, employee and business outdoor events, barbeques, festivals and other outdoor activities.
- Please see notes below for more detail about this tool.
Portable Restrooms for Outdoor Use and Events
Portable Handwash Sinks for Outdoor Use and Large Events
Portable Stainless Steel Sinks (NSF Certified and Non-NSF) – Self-Contained
Notes for Portable Restroom and Handwash Sink Calculator Above
- Although events can have a larger amount of attendees than our listed maximum level of 10,000 people, All Safety Products only sells new restrooms and sinks (sorry, but no rentals). We provided this Portable Restrooms and Handwash Sinks Calculator as a convenient planning tool for our customers and potential customers in determining how many units to purchase. Please call us directly at 1-562-630-3700 if you need to plan for more units. We also partner with Ascentium Capital to provide an easy, affordable payment plan. Excellent for startup businesses. Here is the link for information and an online application link, https://www.allsafetyproducts.com/all-safety-products-financing.html .
- Under normal conditions most people will use sanitation facilities once every three to four hours.
- Calculations are based on best industry provided practices and traffic statistics. This Portable Restrooms and Handwash Sinks Calculator is meant to be used only as an estimation tool. Always check first with your local health department for their final approval before purchasing restrooms and sinks when planning a large event to ensure that your provided facilities level meets their standards and regulations.
- A minimum of (1) handwash station should be added per (4) restrooms. Adequate hand washing should also be provided with restrooms in all food service areas. In planning the number of hand wash sinks, consider that there normally is 2 oz of water dispensed per foot pump and most people use about 8 oz (4 pumps). As a rough estimate, for a standard 16 gallon sink, there are about 250 uses (varies upon usage). All Safety Products also carries larger capacity handwashing sink models that are more economical in usage and decrease the number of sinks needed with our 2-user and 4-user handwash sinks.
- If alcohol is being served, usually add 15-20% more restrooms. Also take into consideration that the combined consumption of food, liquids, beer, other alcoholic beverages and a higher percentage of women to men attendees may increase usage by 30-40%.
- Add one Handicap Accessible Restroom per 20 portable restrooms, or a minimum of one for events open to the public. All Safety Requirements sells a Wheelchair Accessible Restroom and an ADA Compliant Restroom. Check with your health department as to which one is required as there is significant cost savings if the Non-ADA Wheelchair accessible restroom is acceptable for use.
For other special food needs and employee hand washing / utensil washing requirements, we provide stainless steel sinks (standard and NSF Certified). Always present information first to your health department before purchasing sinks for public events to ensure compliance with their regulations and standards. Here's our website link for these products, https://www.allsafetyproducts.com/portable-hand-wash-sinks.html.
Additional Notes for Portable Hand Wash Sinks
Portable Hand Wash Sinks Notes: Although the above figures are approximate figures, you can also calculate the number of sinks needed by considering the amount of "user cycles" that portable hand wash sinks of varying volumes can provide. A "User Cycle" is defined by us as 4 foot pump depressions. The foot depression dispenses 2 ounces per pump. So a typical user uses about 4 pumps or 8 oz of water to clean their hands. So in the case of a PS02 Sink (Single User 16 gallon Hand Wash Sink), 250 people could wash their hands once, providing they each "pumped" 4 times. Also in the case of heated water requirements, recovery time for heating water needs to be factored in to ensure adequate facilities are available for use. Also, you will want to consider the number of hours of event and the access available for the number of people attending the event.
|Description||Capacity||# of User Cycles (People)||Description||Capacity||# of User Cycles (People)|
|PS02-1000 Single User Sink||16 Gallons||250||PSW1-1000 Single User Sink (Handstand)||16 Gallons||250|
|PSW1-2000 Single User Sink (Grandstand)||17 Gallons||275||PSW1-2100 Single User Sink (Grandstand - Heated)||17 Gallons||275|
|BRA1-1000 Two (2) User Sink (Bravo)||22 Gallons||350||BRA1-2000 Two (2) User Sink (Bravo - Heated)||22 Gallons||350|
|SK1-2000 Two (2) User Sink (Applause)||30 Gallon Hard Inner Tank||480||SK1-2000 Two (2) User Sink (Applause)||60 Gallon Bladder Tank||960|
|PS14-1000 Four (4) User Sink||20 Gallons||320|