OSHA hearing conservation programs require employers to conduct noise surveys, give training, offer annual hearing screening, provide hearing protection, run audiometric testing and keep records. All Safety Products carries a full range of OSHA-compliant reusable earplugs to ensure your employees’ hearing safety. There are many levels of protection depending on the decibel level you require.
Hearing Protection Supplies:
- No Roll Down Foam Earplugs offer the no roll down convenience of Premolded earplugs with the exceptional comfort of foam earplugs.
- Premolded Reusable Earplugs are made from flexible materials that are preformed to fit the ear. They generally include a joining cord to prevent loss.
- Safety Earmuffs have cushioning that seals around the ears to block noise. These can be worn along with earplugs for extra noise protection.
- Banded Earplugs (or semi-inserts) are flexible tips on a lightweight headband and are quick to put on and take off and are ideal for intermittent use.
When selecting your hearing protection supplies, here are some things to keep in mind: (1) Look for the proper labeling as the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) requires that all hearing protection products carry a NRR (Noise Reduction Rating) label. (2) Only purchase products with a NRR label. (3) Make certain the earplugs fit well. (4) Decide if you need reusable ear plugs or disposable style.
Reusable Multi Use Earplugs – All Safety Products Blog
- Is It Best to Use Ear Plugs or Ear Muffs? Or Both?
Wearing ear muffs or disposable and multi-use ear plugs for hearing protection often involves a personal choice or preference by the affected worker. Choice or preference is not optional, however, for the required use of hearing protective devices, according to NIOSH regulations if noise levels exceed 85 dBA (time-weighted average of decibels over a period … Continue reading »
The post Is It Best to Use Ear Plugs or Ear Muffs? Or Both? appeared first on All Safety Products Blog.
- Save on Disposable Earplugs – Switch to Banded / Corded Earplugs
Instead of using throw-away, disposable earplugs, try using banded or corded (multi-use) earplugs that can be used several times before replacing the plugs or discarding. Keeping earplugs close at hand through a band or cord may just encourage your employees not to throw away earplugs and try to be less wasteful and help your company … Continue reading »
The post Save on Disposable Earplugs – Switch to Banded / Corded Earplugs appeared first on All Safety Products Blog.
- People losing their hearing often don’t realize it
Age is one of the major causes of hearing loss. Our hearing ability is decreased in our 30s or 40s and loss is significant by age 80. Despite this, more than half of all hearing-impaired people are of working age. Often hearing loss comes so gradually that people ignore it or deny it. Only after … Continue reading »
The post People losing their hearing often don’t realize it appeared first on All Safety Products Blog.