Supplied Air Respirators
Employers must provide personal respiratory equipment at no charge. Headgear, breathing tube, air control valve and compressed air supply hose are required parts in a NIOSH-approved system. All Safety Products distributes a full range of OSHA compliant air purifying respirators and facemasks for removing contaminants from ambient air.
Supplied air respirators deliver clean air to the user from a remote source: ambient air pumps, compressors or cylinders. All Safety Products carries many styles of supplied air respirators with different options:
- Headgear Options: Helmets, Hard Hats, Lens Covers, Hoods, Welding Shields, Peel-Away Windows
- 5-minute and 10-minute Escape Cylinders
- High Pressure and Low Pressure Breathing Tubes
- Air Control Devices: Air Regulating Valves, Cooling and Heating Assemblies
Steps to Choosing the Right Safety Respirators & Masks:
- Estimate the employee’s exposure to the hazard(s)
- Determine if the environment is immediately dangerous to life or health (IDLH)
- Identify the contaminants present in the atmosphere and determine the concentration, if they are gaseous or particulate and are they IDLH
Be aware of imitations or no name brands. Make sure all personal protective equipment fits well on your face and is OSHA and/or NIOSH compliant.