All Safety Products provides a wide variety of Gloves for cleanroom use from suppliers such as TechNiGlove and in many materials:
- Vinyl– dissipate static and are considered clean and inexpensive. Abrasion and acid-resistant, non-allergenic and has some antistatic properties. It is mostly suited for use in dry environments.
- Natural Rubber Latex (NRL)– resists bases, acids, alcohols and diluted aqueous solutions of most types of chemicals. (In cases of latex sensitivity, nitrile, neoprene and PVC are good alternatives)
- Nitrile and Sterile Nitrile– offers good protection against bases, oils, many solvents and esters, grease and animal fats. They also provide excellent resistance to snags, abrasions, punctures and cuts.
Important Cleanroom Industry Links
- FDA Food and Drug Administration - www.fda.org
- ASTM American Society for Testing Materials - www.astm.org
- ICCCS International Confederation of Contamination Control Societies - www.icccs.org
- IEST Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology - www.iest.org
- ISO International Organization for Standardization - www.iso.ch
To ensure you are meeting OSHA requirements and other applicable safety standards and practices, it is best to consult with a professional safety consultant (www.aiha.org) or call your local OSHA area office or your state OSHA Consultation Services for their interpretation of your situation.