Puncture Resistant Gloves
All Safety Products distributes a complete range of specialty cut and puncture resistant gloves. In situations where employers are required to provide hand protection for their employees in accordance with OSHA and ANSI regulations, there are many choices of work gloves. All Safety Products carries an extensive selection cut and puncture resistant gloves.
These gloves provide protection against cuts, abrasions, slashes and punctures from sharp objects and are usually used to handle sheet metal or glass, construction, light fabrication, shipping and receiving and general plant use. Cut resistance is a function of glove material composition and thickness. All Safety Products offers many gloves with increased cut protection made in a variety of materials:
- Metal mesh offers superior cut and puncture protection due to the strength of the interlocked stainless steel mesh
- Composite Yarns are various combinations of stainless steel filament and high strength fibers
- High strength fibers like Kevlar® offer excellent cut resistance without sacrificing dexterity and comfort
- Although not as cut-resistant, nitrile gloves offer excellent resistance to snags, abrasions, punctures and cuts and are often disposable used as medical exam gloves and food preparation gloves.
Be aware of imitations or no name brands. Look for specific applications for your personal protection equipment. Make sure the safety gloves fit your hand well by using correct sizing charts. Remember: There is no such thing as a cut-proof glove!
Puncture Resistant Gloves – All Safety Products Blog
- Choosing the Right Work Gloves!
It is a tough decision when choosing the right work gloves for a specific task, to ensure that the hands and arms of workers are protected from hazards. Hopefully, the following information will point you in the right direction*. However, it should be noted that usually work gloves are not worn during the operation of … Continue reading »